Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One small piece of mail for man . . .

One giant envelope for Wicky.
Yesterday I sent in my deposit to . . . the University of Illinois in Chicago!  It came down to UIC and IIT, so lucky me, I am staying in Chicago no matter what.  I love this city and I can't imagine many better places to study architecture.  I went to open houses at each school, both in the fall and in the past few weeks, and in the end I just had a better feel for UIC.  I got to speak with a lot of current students and professors and just thought the people seemed like a lot of fun, and that's what this is all about, right?
            And in case you popped over to this page for a look at some architecture, here's a picture.  This building was built in 2009, designed by Jeanne Gang.  It's the tallest building in the world to have a woman as lead architect.  And it's right here in my city of Chicago, called Aqua.

No comments:

Post a Comment