Sunday, December 4, 2011

A quick post on a school night.

Well, I've just about made it to the end of my first semester of architecture school at UIC.  Tomorrow is my final review for our semester-long project, which is culminating in the design of an elementary school for the fictional town (read: site model) of "Rossiville,"  the city my class has put together, inspired by the drawings of Aldo Rossi from his 1984 book, A Scientific Autobigraphy.
After I turn in one final paper on Tuesday, I will have some real, free time, and hopefully I will spend some of that time updating this blog here with some of the interesting things I've done or come across throughout the semester, including posting a few of my drawings etc.
In the meantime, I'm just going to post a few renderings of the school I've designed.
An exterior view of my school, which I call my Box School, in comparison with some other very non-box-ish schools I designed along the way.  Also, I liked to think of the roof as a box top being peeled up.  
Interior view - showing stairs and "bleacher" seating, as well as the undulating surfaces that we learned to build in Maya during the semester.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good review tomorrow, and I'm very thankful that I'll be getting some sleep tonight, as most of my friends in studio will be up into the wee hours.  17 weeks has flown by!

No comments:

Post a Comment